1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Is This Worn? Opinions Needed - Lace Help Too!

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by kevinjohnnyc, Jul 23, 2004.

1. kevinjohnnyc

kevinjohnnyc Registered Guest

I got this great 80s Hanae Mori but am undecided on how it is intended to be worn. I can't decide if it's a puritan collar that closes in the back with the satin ribbon attached at the back as a decorative bow or a ruff collar pushed up by the ribbon and tied as a bow in the front. What do you guys think? Maybe the ribbon just draped down the back? The ribbon is attached under the collar if that helps...

Anyone lace experts know what this lace is?

And lastly, since I'm going to start listing things on eBay soon, what would be a good time to list this? Around the holidays, perhaps? It sparkles-a-plenty!

Thanks for any help!

Kevin

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

Well, I can't help you with the lace... although I would be willing to bet its chantilly, but wait for SUe to come along, she will know for sure. I don't know which way its supposed to be worn, but I like the collar standing up with the bow at the front the best... As for when to list - who knows... lol, but I would think a holiday frock for sure - so maybe in November?

3. bartondoll

bartondoll Guest

Hee....I LOVE being able to answer something that Jonathan isn't sure about!

Jonathan is correct however, chantilly lace. Lucky you with a Hanae Mori!
    I've never seen a lace one before. I would also wait until the Fall and
    target the holiday party people, this would be great for office parties - has kind of a 'wicked gothic secretary' look to it.

Sue

4. kevinjohnnyc

kevinjohnnyc Registered Guest

Thanks guys!

I agree with you Jonathan that the collar looks most flattering ruffed. I think that's how I'll show it.

Sue, I love that description "wicked gothic secretary"! Chantily lace it is then. the only one I'm ever sure about is alençon.

I'll wait to list this later, maybe even around Halloween.

kevin

5. bartondoll

bartondoll Guest

Kevin, I would definitely wait until the Fall.

Let us know when you do list it.

Sue

6. alonesolo

alonesolo Guest

Oh the gal that buys that is going to be one naughty girl at the Office Party.

Definetly has that "wicked look" with the collar standing up.