1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How old is this Mike Benet Label?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Lisa Lisa, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Lisa Lisa

Lisa Lisa Registered Guest

I am so glad I found this forum! I look forward to sharing and learning from and with you all.

Right now, I have a Mike Benet formal and I can't seem to find one like it. As I see there are several Mike Benet experts here, I hope I've found the right place.

If you recognize this label, or know someone who does, I would really appreciate a date range for when it was made.

Thanks so much,

Lisa[​IMG]

2. northstarvintage

northstarvintage Administrator Staff Member

Hi Lisa and welcome!

My guess is because the label doesn't have ASTM care symbols that the dress pre-dates 1997, when their use was mandated.

Could you post a pic of the entire dress? That would be helpful, plus we love eye candy.

3. Lisa Lisa

4. Lisa Lisa

I find it quite hard to get good pictures of full length dresses. How do you do it? The bottom has a lot of insets with more material so the bottom swirls out with movement. In a Tango, it would be everywhere!

Here's one that's not too terrible :) [​IMG]

5. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

By the RN # and Made in China it's about mid-late 90s, at the earliest.