1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How old is this Tommy Hilfiger item?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by goldhawaiiancol, Apr 14, 2022.

1. goldhawaiiancol

goldhawaiiancol Registered Guest

Hey people! Just wondering if anyone could help me with how I would go about finding more info regarding when this item could have been made/released? It has a small phone pocket inside the jacket so I feel like it has to be late 90s/early 00s? Any ideas on how I could find out if it’s 90s or 00s rather than just guessing it’s either or!

Attached Files:

2. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

That phone pocket is quite a clue! How long is it? To me it looks like it may fit one of the old skool mobile phones, before the very small Nokias came in the early 00s - so probably more mid- to late 90s.

goldhawaiiancol likes this.
  3. goldhawaiiancol

Thanks so much for the reply! So it’s looking about 15cm in length and 8cm in width so yeah a very small phone!

4. goldhawaiiancol

Here’s some more photos!

Attached Files:

5. Midge

My guess is late 90s. That wasn't the very tiny phone time yet, they did get even smaller before smartphones came into play.

6. Distantdetails

Distantdetails Administrator

I wouldn't normally remember something like this, except that I gave my then-boyfriend-now-husband a phone for Valentines Day in 1997. It was a Motorola flip-phone and was quite small. Especially compared to my big old phone.

I think the dating could go either way!

7. Midge

Yes, the flip phones were smaller, but if you didn't have a flip one, they were sort of brick-sized still... My first mobile was an Ericsson that was all the crack then here, ca. 1998 or 99, and that would have fit into that pocket nicely.

8. goldhawaiiancol

Again thanks for all the replies! So are we thinking for sure some point in the 90s most likely late 90s? Not 00s.

9. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

10. Elsewhere

Elsewhere VFG Member

I suppose it could also have been for a beeper :)
    But yeah - they sure did like making special pockets for phones in the late 90s/early 00s. I'm always seeing purses from that time with similar pockets. At least it helps with dating!