1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have a Christian Dior Monsieur sport jacket

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Li Wright, Sep 30, 2017.

1. Li Wright

Li Wright Registered Guest

But the label says made in Taiwan.
    Anyone know if this is a fake or did they start making clothing in Taiwan & when?

Attached Files:

2. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

3. Chatony

Chatony Registered Guest

I
    Hello; I hate to dig up an old post, but since this conversation still pulls up when researching the 'Christian Dior Monsieur Sport' line, and we don't want people pulling up incorrect information, this needs to be clarified. Dior actually DID manufacture much of their clothing in Asian countries, as many of the designers are doing these days, starting in the about the mid 1990s, and still do today. In fact, Dior Jeans are made in Japan as we speak as stated on their website FAQ guide.
    It's only their leather goods such as handbags that are exclusive to being made in Italy, so I'm thinking that must be what causes the confusion. Most of their Monsieur Sports clothing line for men, were absolutely made in Taiwan. Keep in mind that their clothing manufacturing isn't going to be the same as where they will produce their leather goods.
    Your jacket stood a good chance of being genuine. A simple google search will show you that almost all of their Monsieur Sports line items were made in Taiwan. Hope you didn't throw it away! Their Harrington jackets today run well over $2000.00! For something like that you really should use a professional authentication service. For as little as 10.00 you can get accurate answers and even Certificates of proof, as well as full appraisals., rather than fooling around online trying to guess on your own. I truly hope you didn't throw that away!

Retro Ruth likes this.
  4. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

I have edited my post above. Thank you for your input!

Retro Ruth likes this.
  5. Chatony

Chatony Registered Guest

Thank you! I found this forum on accident while appraising a Monsieur Sport jacket from Dior and pulled up this thread right away, so I just had to clarify. But you should be happy to know how easily this forum pulls up in an unrelated search other than the brand name! I am happy to have found you because before today, I had no idea about this forum. Seems like a great place for everything vintage which I totally prefer. It's not just the styles I prefer, but the quality! As with almost everything, things were just made better back in the day when they took the time to do things right. So much so, in fact, they offered life time guarantees! You sure won't get THAT anymore! lol!