1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I love this 60s dress!

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Show and Tell - Share your treasures' started by Midge, Aug 21, 2020.

1. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

In March I went on a train trip to Belgium because various other trips had been cancelled due to COVID-19 - and ended up heading home earlier too from there because the lock-down was happening. Today I finally got to wear the vintage dress that I bought on that trip, and I so love it :wub:.

It's certainly a souvenir of a trip I won't forget... bought on that Friday the 13th, that happened to be my birthday and the day before the lock-down, at a kilo vintage shop in Antwerp, right next to Dries van Noten's boutique. I just headed to that area of the city, knowing I'd seen second hand shops in that area on a previous trip. Kilo vintage is simple - you pay by weight of what you buy. 99% of the vintage in that shop was 1990s, or 80s at the most. Lots of hip kids shopping there (at that point of the day, things were still feeling normal :wacko:!). Well, I found the one thing in the shop that was older than that - this mod 1960s shift dress made of one of those interesting synthetic fabrics that were all the rage then. It cost me all of 5 Euros...

moddress1.jpg moddress2.jpg moddress3.jpg
    It's actually super cleverly cut which makes for a flattering fit! It's pretty much a shift, no waist darts, but there is some shaping to the side seams, and although the white panel appears to be cut straight, it isn't.

2. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

I love that dress! Great score....

3. claireshaeffer

claireshaeffer VFG Member

Great dress!

4. Metro Retro Vintage

Metro Retro Vintage VFG Member

5. denisebrain

denisebrain VFG Vice President Staff Member VFG Past President

Totes adorbs!

6. Distantdetails

Distantdetails Administrator

7. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth VFG Member Staff Member

You look fab and that dress has such a classic mod two-tone vibe!

8. gatco

gatco VFG Member

Looks perfect on you...don't you love when that happens

9. MagsRags

MagsRags VFG President Staff Member

Some garments don't come alive until they are on a human form. Your Mod dress is an excellent example. You look great in it!

10. catseyevintage

catseyevintage VFG Member

It's perfect for you! Very flattering!

11. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

12. Racked Vintage

Racked Vintage Alumni VFG Past President

You're a doll, Karin! Love it!

13. Lady Scarletts

Lady Scarletts VFG Member

Love it!