1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I made something. They're repros.

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Show and Tell - Share your treasures' started by pastperfect2, Feb 17, 2011.

1. pastperfect2

pastperfect2 Alumni +

2. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

They are lovely, Hollis! Great job and the photo is perfect!

3. pastperfect2

pastperfect2 Alumni +

Thank you! I had fun. It was tempting to do even more, but I don't know how well they will go over.

4. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

i see another etsy shop in your future....

those're COOL!!!!!

and i just LOVE your blog! that shoe entry is killin me.

5. Elsewhere

Elsewhere VFG Member

Oh Hollis - they're LOVELY!!

All I can say is that, at the right price-point, these should just FLY. 20's stuff is in really high demand lately -- at least, here. I blame Boardwalk Empire for causing a flurry of "Roaring 20's" parties.

Heck -- depending on what the prices are, I'd buy them for me shop in a heartbeat!!

Soooo... what IS the price... ? :wub:

6. Wow, they are lovely and so well displayed....

7. pastperfect2

pastperfect2 Alumni +

I don't know yet! I know, I know - so business like.

I made these for an event/sale here - most of the hardware came from Elizabeth's shop, so I have to take them in for her to see and we will come up with a price.

I could do much more with beads and wire, but I suspect the labor would make them cost prohibitive for resale to the costume/party crowd.

Hollis

8. dorotheascloset

dorotheascloset Registered Guest

wow!!!!!! I just looked over Ralph Lauren's Fall 2011 collection and it *screams* deco 20s/30s.....very hot right now. These are gorgeous!!!!

Ang

9. Hollis, they're beautiful and I agree that they would sell well. I'm tempted to have a go at some myself.

Nicole

10. vintagedevotion

vintagedevotion VFG Board Member

They are simply divine. You are amazing! Gorgeous, and I'm sure you'll do very well with them.

11. pastperfect2

pastperfect2 Alumni +

It's all doodads and feathers Nicole! I did do silk bands over a soft petersham ribbon for stability and they all have elastic across the back to help hold them to the head.

Hollis

12. Really well done. They look divine.

13. cmpollack

cmpollack VFG Member

My thoughts exactly!

They're gorgeous, Hollis! And I'm also interested in hearing more when you've got your "business plan" for them figgered out... ;)

14. So beautiful!!! I have been wanting to make (a much simpler version of course) to sell in the shop...you have inspired me to get off my rear!

15. thespectrum

thespectrum VFG Member Staff Member

Perfection. Like everything of yours, from the clothes to the photos.

I too bet they would sell really well at Etsy.

16. pastperfect2

pastperfect2 Alumni +

You are all so kind.

I did take a tour through etsy range of 1920s bandeau headbands - it's an interesting journey! Quite a range of style, price and quality.

Hollis

17. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

18. foofoogal

foofoogal Registered Guest

They are very nice. Mardi Gras is soon. Surely they would sell for this.

19. sues*stuff

sues*stuff VFG Member

Hey Hollis-

You might want to change the link in this post so that it links to the actual post on your blog---as you add more to the top, people might have a hard time finding what you were referring to.

Sue

20. pastperfect2

pastperfect2 Alumni +

got it! thank you-