1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need help determining if this handmade dress is vintage

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Show and Tell - Share your treasures' started by Kuulei, Dec 26, 2017.

1. Kuulei

Kuulei Registered Guest

Hi everyone. I'm a first timer here. I purchased this dress at a Goodwill. The lack of a label plus the crooked stitching makes it clear that this dress is handmade. This has overlocked stitching and the under dress is made of a stretchy material, so I am guessing that this is simply retro style and not actually vintage, but I would like your input. Thank you!

Edit: I guess I should also add that there is no zipper. It is a dress that you simply pull over your head!
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 26, 2017
  2. Hi Kuulei and welcome to the forums.

Can you please post the images here, rather than linking to an external site? If you need help loading images, you can find instructions here.

I look forward to seeing the dress!

3. Kuulei

Kuulei Registered Guest

I uploaded the photos onto the post :)

4. Thank you; modern construction, could be home made but there are plenty of factories that turn out work like this. Lack of labels suggest it's either custom made (by a dressmaker) or home sewer. If you have a look online you might find the pattern. These petticoats trimmed in lace that stick down a bit longer than the outer skirt were last in fashion about 1999-2002 so it could be from then. Certainly last 25 years though so I'd say not vintage unless that sits in your idea of vintage.

Pinkcoke likes this.
  5. Kuulei

Kuulei Registered Guest

Thank you so much for your reply! Very informative.