1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need help identifying a purse! Possibly 1960’s or 70’s?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by viperluck, Apr 7, 2022.

1. viperluck

viperluck Registered Guest

Hello! I’m fairly new to the site, but I wanted to see if anyone could help me identify this purse? I found it at a thrift shop earlier today, and it doesn’t seem to have any markings or tags, except for words/letters etched on a tiny zipper, which are impossible to read. The purse seems to be a leather material both on the inside and outside, but it isn’t terribly thick. It has a pocket with a zipper on one side in the front, and a few lines which create a pattern on the other side. When opened, the purse clasps as if it were a small handbag or wallet, and the bottom lays almost flat when adjusted (leaves purse in a standing position). I haven’t seen many modern purses with the clasp action (I own a wallet that does this, it is older, but it has the clasps to open and close it, this bag does not). I hope some of you can help me identify the purse, model, and possibly brand from these pictures! Thank you for having me ♥️

(NOTE: I forgot to state that the purse is very flat! It’s comparable to a notebook, actually. I don’t have precise measurements, but I can include a picture of it next to a notebook).

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 7, 2022
  2. thevintagebungalow

thevintagebungalow VFG Member

3. viperluck

viperluck Registered Guest

Thank you! I saw 70’s mainly, but I can see why you think 80’s! Could be... Tricky purse.

4. thevintagebungalow

thevintagebungalow VFG Member

You're welcome!