1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need help identifying this Motomachi

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Pharah’s Vintage Closet, Feb 4, 2023.

1. Pharah’s Vintage Closet

Pharah’s Vintage Closet Registered Guest

Hi I’ve search all over online and had no luck with this wool blazer/jacket. The Great Wall Co. Motomachi Yokohama. And coupl not find any other pieces. Thanks in advance

Attached Files:

2. dollsntrolls

dollsntrolls VFG Member

I don't know about that label, but that collar shape is very early - mid 60s, along with the loose bell/swing shape of the jacket. The heighth of Hong Kong tailoring was the 60s through the 80s, with many international companies setting up shop to make use of the talent and the luxurious cosmopolitan hotels where international travelers could stay and purchase from in house boutiques. I have come across many labels that I have not seen more than the once, with reference to Hong Kong. And, then there are the more commonly seen ones that lasted (Gene Shelly, of course) and maintained their reputation. Beading, sequins and tailoring in fine wools and silks are the signature of the 60s Hong Kong era of fashion. This is all to say, it may be difficult to find that exact label, but you can glean lots of knowledge from the garment!

Retro Ruth, denisebrain and MagsRags like this.
  3. Pharah’s Vintage Closet

Pharah’s Vintage Closet Registered Guest

Thank you so much for the information

dollsntrolls likes this.
  4. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

I am seeing more of a late 1950s look with this one, hard to know for sure, without in hand.
    Is the lining silk, rayon?