1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need help on this Mondi suit!

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by b*a*vintagequeen, Oct 26, 2004.

1. b*a*vintagequeen

b*a*vintagequeen Registered Guest

Ok so once upon a time there was Germany, then there East and West and then back to plain Germany...

When did they stop using W. Germany and labels and such.

I have this Mondi suit with thick padded shoulders that I was sure was 80's because of label and zipper....but the Label says Made in W Germany..were they still using W. Germany in the 80's???

Mondi is a division of Escada correct?

It is a lovely green suit but I can not capture the color correctly..it is a dark green but vibrant....I think more like a Kelly green.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So what era do you think?

2. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

I think when the Berlin wall came down they stopped using W Germany. I will have to look it up though

3. Noir*Boudoir

Noir*Boudoir Guest

1990 was when Germany was re-unified.

4. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

I answered you on the members board... it is 1989 when the Germany's were re-united.

5. b*a*vintagequeen

Thanks! I should go back to school!

6. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

While we are on the subject, does anyone know when the "made in Japan" labels replaced the "made/handmade in occupied Japan" labels. I know occupied started immediately post WWII...but when did it stop 1950? mid 50s? I have no idea.

7. b*a*vintagequeen

For some reason I am thinking that they stopped using occupied Japan in the early 1950's. But dont trust me!