1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need more information on a vintage Dior dress

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Manolya, Mar 10, 2021.

1. Manolya

Manolya Registered Guest

Hello,

I have recently purchased a dress that is supposed to be a vintage Dior scooter dress from 60s. I would really appreciate if anyone could help me date/identify it a bit more precisely. Any information is greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much for your time!

Attached Files:

2. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

Christian Dior New York label was made for the US market. I don't believe it was actual couture Dior but for the high end Dior boutiques in department stores like Bergdorfs or Bonwit Teller etc.

Do you have close up photos of the zipper and buttons?

3. claireshaeffer

claireshaeffer VFG Member

Cin is right. Christian Dior- New York was expensive ready-to-wear to compete with American labels. At the time Dior did not make pret-a-porter because it was illegal in France. I haven't seen enough Dior Boutique garments to know how it compared to them.
    Jonathan might provide accurate dates for beginning and end of CD-NY.

4. Katarzyna

Katarzyna Registered Guest

hmm something odd about this one, like it was altered?
    Is the dress lined? and can you show us the zipper? also can you zoom in on the buttons. and does it have shoulder pads? it's usually all in the details.

Vintagiality and Midge like this.
  5. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member