1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I want those hats, Queen!

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by cherry-pie-and-roses, Apr 20, 2004.

1. cherry-pie-and-roses

cherry-pie-and-roses Registered Guest

Well, it's a sure thing that both of those auctions will go over my $ mark, but I will dream about them. I was excited about the lot of 15, but then saw the pink group...oh, my.

I'm going to encourage our church ladies (no, not the SNL type-LOL) to have individuals decorate the luncheon tables next year. Each person can design & do whatever they want.

I want to do a "Ladies Who Lunch - 1957" and have all the frou-frou to go with it. And supply hats and gloves for each gal (tables of 8). Maybe even use some old prom dresses for chair skirts...I don't know...I have almost a year to think about it, since this year's luncheon is Saturday.

I will be watching these hats. Yum.

Brenda

2. Well, maybe instead of the Red Hat Society it can be the "1957 Ladies Who Lunch" Society. : ) If you dare to wear something from 1959 or 1956 - you are out LOL.

How did this years luncheon go?

3. cherry-pie-and-roses

I just got home....it was fun. I did wear a pink hat-of sorts-it was really pink organdy elongated petals attached to a comb & with a small bow appearing to hold them together. The petals were rolled edge finished and kind of draped & swooped over my 1967 hairdo...with my pink & green cabana, beach, & palm tree-printed capris (with a hint of lycra in em), black knit top, & pink cotton shirt. And a new pair of bright pink sandals (no one seemed to have any pink NOS in size 9). I threatened to wear some pink gloves, but I didn't.

I had fun, though I am really pooped. I did the advertising brochure about the merchants who gave door prizes (full color, logos, blah...blah...blah)...didn't get the list until Thursday night, worked at the office yesterday, and then when I did finally get to them, I had printer problems at 10:03 PM last night. I didn't go to bed.

And prepared a gift basket of vintage items including some pink Spode & Royal Doulton, low carb foodstuffs, and other pink things. Never did see who won it. Was gonna give em a quickie lesson on the candies & fudge sauce (when it says one bar is a serving, believe what you read. LOL).

I nodded off a couple of times during the primary speaker...kind of low key and sort of depressing. And the main musical performer, she had a beautiful voice (accompanied by a cellist, a pianist, and a violinist)...that was all low key too. I needed to be "pumped up." We could've been at an Episcopal church (not a slam...you just expect a little more....uh....just <i>more</i> at a Pentecostal church).

Came home with a huge bouquet of fuchsia gladiolas (tables were done in black cloths over white underskirts).

Bren....probably going to bed in a few minutes.

4. cherry-pie-and-roses

Well, I was away from the puter when these closed. Wah. They didn't go as high as I anticipated and I coulda/woulda/shoulda just gone ahead and bid on them.

:(
    Brenda