1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I want those hats, Queen!

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by cherry-pie-and-roses, Apr 20, 2004.

1. cherry-pie-and-roses

cherry-pie-and-roses Registered Guest

Well, it's a sure thing that both of those auctions will go over my $ mark, but I will dream about them. I was excited about the lot of 15, but then saw the pink group...oh, my.

I'm going to encourage our church ladies (no, not the SNL type-LOL) to have individuals decorate the luncheon tables next year. Each person can design & do whatever they want.

I want to do a "Ladies Who Lunch - 1957" and have all the frou-frou to go with it. And supply hats and gloves for each gal (tables of 8). Maybe even use some old prom dresses for chair skirts...I don't know...I have almost a year to think about it, since this year's luncheon is Saturday.

I will be watching these hats. Yum.

Brenda

2. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

Well, maybe instead of the Red Hat Society it can be the "1957 Ladies Who Lunch" Society. : ) If you dare to wear something from 1959 or 1956 - you are out LOL.

How did this years luncheon go?

3. cherry-pie-and-roses

I just got home....it was fun. I did wear a pink hat-of sorts-it was really pink organdy elongated petals attached to a comb & with a small bow appearing to hold them together. The petals were rolled edge finished and kind of draped & swooped over my 1967 hairdo...with my pink & green cabana, beach, & palm tree-printed capris (with a hint of lycra in em), black knit top, & pink cotton shirt. And a new pair of bright pink sandals (no one seemed to have any pink NOS in size 9). I threatened to wear some pink gloves, but I didn't.

I had fun, though I am really pooped. I did the advertising brochure about the merchants who gave door prizes (full color, logos, blah...blah...blah)...didn't get the list until Thursday night, worked at the office yesterday, and then when I did finally get to them, I had printer problems at 10:03 PM last night. I didn't go to bed.

And prepared a gift basket of vintage items including some pink Spode & Royal Doulton, low carb foodstuffs, and other pink things. Never did see who won it. Was gonna give em a quickie lesson on the candies & fudge sauce (when it says one bar is a serving, believe what you read. LOL).

I nodded off a couple of times during the primary speaker...kind of low key and sort of depressing. And the main musical performer, she had a beautiful voice (accompanied by a cellist, a pianist, and a violinist)...that was all low key too. I needed to be "pumped up." We could've been at an Episcopal church (not a slam...you just expect a little more....uh....just <i>more</i> at a Pentecostal church).

Came home with a huge bouquet of fuchsia gladiolas (tables were done in black cloths over white underskirts).

Bren....probably going to bed in a few minutes.

4. cherry-pie-and-roses

Well, I was away from the puter when these closed. Wah. They didn't go as high as I anticipated and I coulda/woulda/shoulda just gone ahead and bid on them.

:(
    Brenda