1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Identifying Worn Bag/Purse Labels

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Lady Rockwell, Jun 17, 2017.

1. Lady Rockwell

Lady Rockwell Registered Guest

I have been searching for days to find a similar bag or label for this purse...
    All that I can make out, when the lighting hits the label right I can make out that it is "Made in Belgium expressively for... _ _ eastel_rs" or " _ eastet_rs" (its difficult to make out..)
    I adore this bag I do want to know the maker and value but I can't let it go until I know more information, it was one of my grandmothers, like many of her things half of which I am selling on Etsy, but some items.... I do not have the heart to let them go yet... (but if I don't they'll just collect dust and not be loved as they should)
    Most of her booth items still have labels on them, but this one I don't think she found out the maker either.

The vintage fashion guild has been my "go to" resource for labels and information on decoding the history and information on 90% of my vintage collection. So I would like to thank you all, from my heart, and for the sake of my grandmother if she only knew how to work the internet when she was still around, she would have loved this site. So thank you all for what you do on here.

Also I do have another purse/bag that is just absolutely wonderful, I couldn't find a label or anything similar to it on the internet. My grandmother seemed to think it dated between late 1800s to Early 1900s. (Wooden Handle Bag, look at the handle details!)
    1930irridescent black bag3.JPG IMG_20170609_173525.jpg

Attached Files:

2. denisebrain

denisebrain VFG Vice President Staff Member VFG Past President

Try Neusteters (Denver upscale department store)

lkranieri and cmpollack like this.
  3. Lady Rockwell

Oh Oops, newb thread mistake,
    The Black Iridescent Beaded Bag is the one with the worn label.

4. denisebrain

lkranieri likes this.
  5. Lady Rockwell

Thank you so much! I think you're on the money for this one, looks like I can't find much on their bags, but I will continue to research that company! I love learning about the history. :D

6. Lady Rockwell

7. denisebrain