1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If I could fit into it, I'd keep it...

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Show and Tell - Share your treasures' started by specialoccasionvintage, May 20, 2004.

1. specialoccasionvintage

specialoccasionvintage Registered Guest

If I could fit into it, I\'d keep it...

What would YOU keep if you could fit into it?

Here's my pride and joy (as yet unsold!) and you bet if I were that size you'd have to pry it out of my hands! I would definitely wear it out on the town. But if you love something, you must set it free...

2. Kara, nice dress and love those feathers. And welcome to VFG. Hardly anything I have fits but I just keep it all. Will have to do some thinking on that one and post again. Someone was looking for a 30s wedding dress. You wouldn't happen to have one, would you?

3. theopshoproc

theopshoproc VFG Member

You are freaking adorable!! And the dress is a beauty, too.

As for keeping things, I tend to keep only a little bit of stuff and most of the time I never wind up wearing it so I do eventually part with them. But now I've decided to spoil myself with various vintage accessories and shoes since the clothing never fit me and I was getting so sad just keeping things hoping that "one day" I would fit into them or have someplace to go to wear them to.

4. That is fabulous!!!!!!! Is that you in the pic...from here the dress looks like it fits wonderfully.

My problem is that I just don't have the places to wear all the finds I love. I really need to find a younger, hipper crowd to hang with. The PTA just isn't swinging it these days!! ;)

5. theopshoproc

theopshoproc VFG Member

Bonnie I wish you lived here in NY - I'd be hanging out with you all the time!

6. specialoccasionvintage

specialoccasionvintage Registered Guest

Thanks so much for the warm welcome! You guys are a hoot. Sadly, that isn't me in the photo but a good friend. I'm a few more sizes up the scale (ahem)...

I will keep my eyes peeled for a 30s wedding dress! I only have one circa 1950 now. I too have fallen into the trap of "maybe one day I can wear it", so I like the accessories and shoes idea.

7. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

Now that's a dress where THE most important accessory would have to be a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG cigarette holder!

8. cherry-pie-and-roses

cherry-pie-and-roses Registered Guest

Oh, no, I keep things (and buy a few) that don't fit me....now (how many times have ya heard that?). Just for the pleasure of owning them, if only temporarily. Touching, anticipating, daydreaming about wearing them.

Brenda

9. ourbabyroo

ourbabyroo Registered Guest

Great dress! I just sold a black, goddess style halter dress - short with a full skirt. I would have definitely kept it if it fit...but alas it didn't even fit my dress form!! (which is about 2 sizes smaller than me :()

And BTW....WELCOME, WELCOME, WELCOME!! :) :) :)

Christine