1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'll play the handbag game!!!

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Show and Tell - Share your treasures' started by polyesterchesters, Feb 3, 2006.

1. polyesterchesters

polyesterchesters Registered Guest

I\'ll play the handbag game!!!

This is my bedroom, and where my handbags live, of course, a bunch are in the closet too, the wall got too small!! Please excuse the dark pics, it is yucky today!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Have a great day!!
    Alana

2. denisebrain

denisebrain VFG Vice President Staff Member VFG Past President

I can see none of us are bag collectors. :D

COOL Alana!!! I'm trying to figure out, is that an LP made into a handbag?

3. gaildavid

gaildavid VFG Member

:o Wow! We have some real purseaholics here! :o

........is there a 12 step program for that??? ;)

Very cool collection, Alana! :clapping: Are you selling any of those or are they your personal collection?

Gail

4. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

Dear bagaholic;

Is the large clock purse by Mariyln Brooks? She was a Canadian designer out of Toronto that came up with that design in, I think , the late 1970s.

5. polyesterchesters

yes, I am going to sell off some of the collection :no:!!!

The LP bag is made from Barry Manilow alblums!

And, yes, the clock bag is a Brooks, but the clock keeps bad time! I don't use it much because too many people stop me when I have it!!!

Ahhh.... so many bags, so few arms.

6. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

If you decide to sell off the Brooks clock purse, let me know. I used to find them often and resell them, but now I want one for myself and the only ones I can find are the knockoffs done in China in the late 1980s and 1990s

7. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

Oh man I love that clock purse...i had one and sold it (stupidity). Mine wasn't a Brooks it was later so not a real one. But I thought it was fun just the same

(and no let ME know...i like it MORE) HA HA

8. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

In the last pic, the one that looks like stained glass is funky!

9. bug12oz

bug12oz Registered Guest

I like them all too......have sent many minutes studying each pic.....

I had a clock purse when I was in high school. No clue the brand of it, but I loved it and got it from my great aunt before she died. I have no clue what happened to it. Must go on the search at granny's to see if it is there.....

10. Hattysattic

Hattysattic VFG Secretary

alana they are fab - and what i love most is the fact you have them all on display! have you taken over the entire room? i hope so!! :D

11. seven****

seven**** Guest

More cool bags!! (I don't get out enough.) The record purses are a first for me - what a novel recycling idea.

Deborah

12. What an amazing collection and I LOVE your display method.

It always thrills me to see all the creative methods people use to display their collections.

--kari

13. I worked for Marilyn Brooks when she did the clock bag. It would have been around the mid 1980's when she did them (probably 1983 or 1984). I had two of them...don't know what the heck happened to them???? I moved a lot in those years, so I probably gave to a friend. Stupid me!!

14. hws4sale

hws4sale Registered Guest

I have the same clock purse hanging on my bedroom wall, and it's by: "M. Brooks" too. I thought it was cool 10 years ago. Cant remember where I got though. I think it was somewhere in Palo Alto.
    Oh well, no matter.
    What would one of these be worth? Just curious.
    I might just have to list it.
    Paula

15. polyesterchesters

Paula.... I paid $55 for mine on ebay. I asked the seller prior to bidding if the clock worked, she said yes, to my sadness, it does not keep time right.

Alana