1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Info needed on Snuggle Rug Co. w/Hookless Brand Metal Zipper

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by MainelyVintage, Jan 7, 2016.

1. MainelyVintage

MainelyVintage Registered Guest

I am trying to date a "Snuggle Rug" which appears to be a wool, zip up sack I am presuming intended to snuggle your baby in. I am having a hard time finding info on the company (other than it was in Indiana) and I also can't find info on the "Hookless" brand of zipper. Thanks in advance! DSCF2246.JPG DSCF2251.JPG DSCF2242.JPG DSCF2243.JPG help!

2. MainelyVintage

To add, I realize this isn't quite "fashion" but I am hoping someone would have knowledge on the zipper part for dating purposes. Thanks again!

3. lkranieri

lkranieri VFG Member

On page 176 of THIS BOOK there is mention of the Snuggle Rug Co using the hookless zipper in their baby robes.

PersonalPursuits likes this.
  4. lkranieri

lkranieri VFG Member

Almost all of the references I found to the Snuggle Rug were from the 1930's. One 1941 reference noted: "...Snuggle Products Inc., formerly Snuggle Rug Company, Goshen Ind..." so I am going to guess your item dates to prior to 1941.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2016
    poppysvintageclothing likes this.
  5. northstarvintage

northstarvintage Administrator Staff Member

This blog shows some menswear pieces from the 1930s that used Hookless Zippers (and there's some serious eye candy).

And Hello from Maine!

Code:
    http://vintagehaberdashers.com/tag/hookless-zipper/

6. MainelyVintage

Thanks all, pre 1940's it is then! You all are amazing with how quickly you find this stuff! My next question is do you offer tutorials? :)

7. amandainvermont

amandainvermont VFG Member

Welcome. There are some good threads HERE that offer all kinds of information. And questions are always welcomed. Members are very generous with sharing their knowledge.

8. MagsRags

MagsRags VFG President Staff Member

Old thread, but I have pertinent new information. I was researching a small 27 page booklet from the "Mother's Service Bureau", which is basically a catalog for Snuggle Products. It is dated August 1943, and came home with me from cleaning out my parent's home a couple of years ago. Here's what a Snuggle Sleeper looked like in 1943 - it could be purchased as a set including a hood, cape, and/or jacket. It came in pink, blue, or white.
    snugglerugcloser.jpg
    Based on this, I would guesstimate the OP's Snuggle Rug as 60s.

lkranieri likes this.