1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Info on Ranel Originals Label for Hat/Headwear

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Lady Rockwell, Oct 18, 2017.

1. Lady Rockwell

Lady Rockwell Registered Guest

Hello y'all!
    Second time posting on here looking to see if anyone knows any info about a label.
    I have found a few sold listings on Etsy with the Ranel Originals label, but no info.

As I keep going through my grandmothers things, I keep finding goodies in excellent condition, figuring out if I should keep or sell is the hard part... but learning about everything is my absolute favorite....
    Anyways, I won't rant anymore...
    The 'Ranel Originals' label on this hat/fascinator is white and purple/fuchsia color and it has a tall hat stand with a hat on the label too, the hat is a plastic straw/woven like material, lined with a hefty wire, with accents on left and right with clear long beads sprouting out from pearl colored beaded appliques.

I would like to see if anyone knew anything about this label?
    Thanks in advance!

Attached Files:

2. lkranieri

lkranieri VFG Member

As I have time I will continue to look for information about your label, but thus far I found that Ranel Hats, Inc. seems to have been registered in Dallas in 1947, as you see below. In 1955 they were at 1401 Pacific Avenue and the president of the company was Harold Lustig. The 1955 Dallas directory also recorded a designer there by the name of Myrtle E. Cooke.
    IMG_8103.jpg

IMG_8108.jpg

IMG_8110.jpg

poppysvintageclothing likes this.
  3. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

While I am not familiar with the label, I have seen hats with it over the years. Your hat is darling, and I love the pearl appliques. The style dates it somewhere between very late 1940s (perhaps Spring, 1949) to early 1950s. The straw is probably a Swiss novelty straw, and could be a natural straw that is coated, but more likely a synthetic cellulose based material with a plastic like coating.

How lucky that you have some of your grandnother's things. If you have more hats, we would love to see them.