1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

information about Ben Gershel and Robert Knox needed please

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by jdschusz, Oct 26, 2013.

1. jdschusz

jdschusz Registered Guest

I have a coat with a Woolf Brothers label in the neck, and the lower inside label says
    Ben Gershel by Robert Knox?
    I would appreciate info information about these labels and dating this coat.
    I will try to attach photos, but Hope I do it correctly! the coat is black but looks gray in the picture.
    thanks in advance for help!
    Jeanette 2013-10-22 16.11.34.jpg 2013-10-22 16.08.05.jpg

Attached Files:

2. lkranieri

lkranieri VFG Member

I'll post information as I find it, but the first reference I found was in a 1960 article: "Meticulous workmanship and quality fashion are guaranteed by a Ben Gershel label in a suit or coat. Robert Knox, leading designer for Ben Gershel, has been designing fashions for as long as he can remember. His professional career began at 13 when he started as a sketcher in a New York coat and suit house."

3. lkranieri

lkranieri VFG Member

HERE is great information about the designer, from a VFG member.

4. jdschusz

jdschusz Registered Guest

Thank you so much - I appreciate it. From that information, then it sounds like my coat dates between 1944 and 1960?
    Jeanette