1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there a way to date these 'short' lederhosen?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by laurenm, May 1, 2020.

1. laurenm

laurenm Registered Guest

Hi Everyone. These are quite short and I haven't photo'd them with the cuffs turned. Any way to date such a traditional thing?
    Thanks for any help.
    Lauren

Attached Files:

Vinclothes likes this.
  2. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

They don't look like traditional lederhosen to me but more like a fashion item influenced by traditional fashion. No idea on how to date them though, but I don't think anything like this would have been a fashion item before the 80s...

Vinclothes likes this.
  3. laurenm

laurenm Registered Guest

Just what I was thinking Karin, but because they seem so 'durable' hardwearing and have shammy pocket linings etc, I wondered about the fashion item question. I did find this on the wikipedia page and am wondering if these might have been 'work-out shorts'

"One attempt at modernizing lederhosen — “double zipper” lederhosen were once sold as workout wear in Europe during the 1970s.[citation needed]"

Attached Files:

4. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

Those are pretty great, can't see them as workout wear though...would have been some sort of "strange" workout. Maybe hiking!

5. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

6. laurenm

laurenm Registered Guest

Maybe 'light' city cycling?