1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this a label or monogram in fur coat

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by bowsercat, Aug 26, 2004.

1. bowsercat

bowsercat Registered Guest

I am attaching (I hope) a photo of a label ? or monogram ? inside a mink coat. Can anyone identify this? I have taken the coat to a furrier and he cannot identify the label. He did state it was a very well made, high quality coat in good to very good condition.

Any insight would be great

2. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

It this inside the collar area? To me it looks like this is gold printing vs stitching, but i could be wrong because of the focus of the pic. I see it all the time in handbags, but not on coats

To me...and others will come along to verify it yay or nay...most monograms would have been embroidered or stitched in and to me would not have been as elaborate...or would more likely not had a given name, but focused more on the surname or the initials.

i'll wait and see if someone has a better idea...

whichever it is. it is very intriguing and has a nice style to it...

3. ellenm

ellenm Registered Guest

If it is stitched, I would say that it's a monogram.

4. theopshoproc

theopshoproc VFG Member

I think it's a monogram, too.

Welcome to our little board. :)

5. bartondoll

bartondoll Guest

I would go with monogram if it is stitched. Agree with Christine if it is gold printed.

Sorry, about the little help, but I've never seen a 'label' like this in a fur (which doesn't mean a great deal, as I haven't had that many furs!)

Welcome to this site btw!

Sue

6. camelbackcat

camelbackcat Alumni

I agree that it is a monogram if it's stitched. If not stitched, then it's probably not a monogram. Either way, I think you must have a lovely coat! Welcome!
    joey

7. cotmyey

cotmyey VFG Member

Here is a full pick of Cathy's coat. Sorry this wasn't posted sooner!

[​IMG]

Gayle

8. Yep, I agree that is a monogram, especially in the location it is. What a beautiful monogram it is, too!!

Our Pauline, fashiontales, needs that one!!

Oh and welcome to the Board!!:D

9. bowsercat

bowsercat Registered Guest

thanks

thanks so much for the insight everyone! it's definately stitched in gold thread. the lining is wearing at the bottm of the coat so i plan to have it replaced, howeever i will definately keep the monogram. thanks gayle for posting the full pic.

<3,
    Cathy

PS: I found this coat at the Salvation Army for one-hundred, fourty-nine dollars. It was then later estimated by a professional to bee five grand. :-D

<3333,
    Cathy

10. UBNYC

UBNYC Registered Guest

It's a beaut and definately a monogram (they always seem to go on the wearer's right... wonder if it's differnt for lefties?). Great find. Congrats!
    Elin