1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is this actually Victorian era?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by maltby, Mar 11, 2018.

1. maltby

maltby Registered Guest

I have a huge box o stuff I won at auction this week, lots of 50s and 60s and a lot of stuff that looks older and is sort of out of my skill set

is this blouse for example Victorian or any ideas on era?

boning in the bodice with an actual corset sort of sewn into it? the back has little sort of tails for lack of a better word IMG_7418.JPG IMG_7419.JPG IMG_7420.JPG IMG_7422.JPG

it feels/acts like silk and the buttons look/feel like glass w little sparkles in them

the front side has a tear that is prob beyond my very limited sewing skillset but this just seems too pretty to not do something with!

thanks

acceber likes this.
  2. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

Yes, looks late Victorian, maybe 1880s. Possibly 1900-1901 but I am leaning earlier. If the tear is on a seam, (a rip) it might be a good idea to resew it along the broken stitches. If it is a true tear and not on a seam, sewing might make it worse depending on the silk's strength and suppleness.

What a nice thing to find at auction. I love the dotted pattern.