1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is this "Bards" housecoat from the late 60s or into the 70s?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by laurenm, Jan 21, 2015.

1. laurenm

laurenm Registered Guest

HI everyone, not sure which side of the turn of the decade to put this on?

I did some reading on Bards and I understand that the original company made terry and viyella robes but their daughter, Clare Haddad started doing more 'fashion-y" designs for them but went out on her own in the 60s, it said that earlier they would put "Design by Clare Haddad" on the label so I'm assuming this was a label from after she left.

Its a nylon material, but a really nice draping one that feels somehow more soft and comfy than is usual with the synthetics.

Wondering if this would have been part of a set? The belt comes out of two holes in the sides and then wraps around....is there a special term for that sort of belt? I have seen that before on a fur coat and a couple of mens robes...

Thanks alot for any help,
    Lauren

Attached Files:

2. I see '60s, it looks like a summer weight dressing gown, so housecoat works.

3. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

4. It reminds me of something Goldie Hawn would wear.

5. laurenm

laurenm Registered Guest

Totally....Sort of Laugh In, sort of demure. I went looking for photos and found so many fun shots mostly all with that huge wide eyed mischievious smile...then found this which I just love...the colors are great....I need a backdrop just like that!

Attached Files:

6. foofoogal

foofoogal Registered Guest

She really was adorable. Love that photo laurenm.

7. Pinkcoke

Pinkcoke Alumni

I wish more photoshoots were au natural like that today - no make up, probably no editing, just good styling and photography.

foofoogal likes this.