1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this day dress 50s or 60s? Thanks!

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Jen S, Dec 26, 2017.

1. Jen S

Jen S Registered Guest

This is a cute cotton day dress with a great print pattern. I’m thinking late 50s but wanted confirmation or otherwise. Thanks!

5339358E-20F5-4EF6-9075-FDC3D24B7CC3.jpeg

2. Pattern and skirt length suggest early '60s to me.

3. Jen S

Jen S Registered Guest

Thank you!

4. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

yep, agree, that sort of print is very 60s. it's an adorable dress! can i ask? what's the bust/waist measurements? or, are you keeping it to wear?

5. Jen S

Jen S Registered Guest

Hi Mary,
    I bought it for myself - love the print and subtle colors - but sadly it’s too small. Bust is about 36” and waist 26”. I was over-optimistic!

6. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

sorry to hear it doesn't fit you...it's way too small for me, too. rats. i LOVE that dress.

7. Jen S

Jen S Registered Guest

Let’s be real: I was never not going to buy this, it was so adorable and very inexpensive because it had an unraveled seam I easily repaired. I just hoped it would magically fit, even though it looked too small. There isn’t any room to let it out, either! Oh well.

The Vintage Merchant likes this.
  8. Inlovewithretro

Inlovewithretro Registered Guest

It's very lovely! That great pattern is very 60s so I have to agree with the others! I'm sorry it doesn't fit you...

9. Jen S

Jen S Registered Guest

Thanks! Someone smaller will enjoy it and my closet will be thankful!