1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this dress 60s, 70s ? California Girl label

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by DreFindsVintage, Nov 2, 2011.

1. DreFindsVintage

DreFindsVintage Registered Guest

IMG_0088.JPG

Im thinking late 60's or 70's ...............not sure :help:

I dont have a pic of the tags available to upload until tomorrow:

there are three
    first tag says:
    California Girl
    second tag says:
    made in USA
    third tag says:
    rn 21015
    A
    cut 461
    style 8600
    size 8
    100% rayon
    professional dry clean only
    use natural solvents only

2. Linn

Linn Super Moderator Staff Member VFG Past President

I think it's '80's.

3. DreFindsVintage

Thanks Linn, would you say early or late?

4. Linn

Late - based on dresses I remember owning - but maybe someone else has a better memory - LOL!

5. I think it's late '70s - does it have shoulder pads? That will determine it: an '80s dress will have them, if it doesn't, check for stitches where they might have been taken out. I agree with Linn that it could be '80s as it's a classic style (but I still think late '70s, but early '80s if there are/were shoulder pads).

6. Coutureallure

Coutureallure Alumni

Wide belt, deep dolman sleeves, and pocket flaps on the bust all say 80s to me.

7. Yes I was thinking late 70s into the early 80s... If there aer shoulder pads then 80s. Also if there are standard care lables with modern symbols then deffinately 80s

8. DreFindsVintage

Yes, it looks like the shoulder pads were removed I see the stitxhing. I was born in 81 and after looking through some baby pics this style dress was worn by my mom, aunts, and all the other ladies in my toddler life. Duh, should have known!
    I am using all this info in my listings so how do I quote/cite the info everyone is giving me? Is there a link that explains how to do this? Do I cite the individual person or VintageFashionGuild as a whole?

9. MyVintageCocktail

MyVintageCocktail VFG Member

I'd say early 80s, and it's very pretty!

10. DreFindsVintage

stitching i mean :wacko:

11. Linn

This photo was taken in 1986. I don't have them scanned but I have later photos wearing dresses with pocket flaps. I think if you say mid-late '80's or just '80's that will be accurate enough.

[​IMG]

12. DreFindsVintage

OMG love the photo !

13. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

Hi,

I had a few dresses extremely similar, purchased in 1985 -1986.

Linn, you are so cute in that photo!

14. Linn

Thank you, Barbara -

I wish I'd kept the dress! I do still have a few things from the '80's - very hard for me to think of them as "vintage!"