1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this real Valentino?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by kamar, Sep 9, 2021.

1. kamar

kamar Registered Guest

My mum bought this coat in Poland I think in late 80s, early 90s. This is really nice, high quality coat and she says it was pretty expensive but she is not sure it is real Valentino. Like it was weird times in Poland back then. I can not find this type of label anywhere...[​IMG]

2. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

Hi and welcome to the forums! Please note that we cannot authenticate items here - see forum rules. Authentication needs to be done in person. We can help with dating and other information. Though for dating we would need to see a full photo of the coat and photos of all other labels it might have. Does it have care labels? Does it have other labels mentioning where it was manufactured?

Basically, there are two Valentinos if we speak of designer fashion - we have both of them in our label resource: the Valentino and Mario Valentino. The logo on your label doesn't look like anything that we have on file for either of them. I am wondering if this was maybe another brand that just called itself "Valentino Collection" with no tie to the other two - just a brand that tries to sound/look nice?

GemGem likes this.