1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ISO 1940s/1930s A-line lace dress

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Most Wanted - Looking for something?' started by Egosummanes, Aug 8, 2020.

1. Egosummanes

Egosummanes Registered Guest

I am a size small to extra small. There was a dress that sold too quickly for me to buy; unfortunately I have no picture of it. It was knee length, or maybe just a little bit longer, and made of a cotton type of lace and was lined in cotton. It was definitely a day dress and not a special occasion dress. It had buttons up the side and looked to be homemade, so it was hard for me to pinpoint the era. If anyone has anything similar please let me know!

2. Vintagiality

Vintagiality VFG Treasurer Staff Member

Not sure if this is close enough to what you are looking for but I do have a dress you may like

99727792-C3E3-469C-A777-C7AA599E82D4.jpeg

3. Egosummanes

Very close! I do not think the fit would work though. Thank you so much

4. Blondzai

Blondzai Registered Guest

Do you have a photo of the one that sold?

5. amandainvermont

amandainvermont VFG Member

I'm just working on this one - not a day dress ... and mighty snug on my size 4/6 mannequin. It's John Bates by Jean Varron and I will start it low because there are some minor flaws. 60s-70s? Cotton lace lined with satin.

DSCF0016.JPG

Attached Files:

Retro Ruth, Vinclothes and MagsRags like this.
  6. Egosummanes

Unfortunately I do not have a picture. It was knee length and was lined in cotton I believe. It buttoned up the side and had an a line skirt.

That dress is lovely but not the right era. Thank you so much for your input though!!!

7. denisebrain

denisebrain VFG Vice President Staff Member VFG Past President

What color?

8. Egosummanes

Found a picture of a similar dress that I had bought. It fell apart when I washed it. No idea what the fabric was. Both of the dresses were very similar so this is kind of my most hunted for dress type. It would be a dream if I found something similar.
    [​IMG]

GemGem likes this.