1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Italian Coat Mystery - Help!

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Mary N, Sep 28, 2020.

1. Mary N

Mary N Registered Guest

I just got this trench coat thrifted in South Africa on the weekend. It’s had quite a world journey in its lifetime. From the brand logo and name, I assumed it was from the States or UK and had no luck coming up with any brand affiliations.

I then discovered tags in the left hand inner pocket- AHA! To discover the tag system looked old and was in Italian. I’ve seen the top numerical system dates the jacket after the 70’s but am unsure of its era.

Has anyone seen this Italian brand before, or have any other clues about it? Thanks for helping me in my amazing coat mystery. :)

Attached Files:

2. denisebrain

denisebrain VFG Vice President Staff Member VFG Past President

Mary N likes this.
  3. Blondzai

Blondzai Registered Guest

Looks like the uniform all weather coat we had at my airline. It’s uncanny really.

Mary N likes this.
  4. Mary N

Mary N Registered Guest

Thank you!! I’m so interested to find out more!

5. Mary N

Mary N Registered Guest

No way! Which airline was it with? Would love to know more. Anything would be great to find out more information about this beauty.

6. INVINTAGEV

INVINTAGEV VFG Member

Never seen sorry

7. Blondzai

Blondzai Registered Guest

USAirways so it’s obviously not the same designer BUT it might indicate that it could be only teetering on the line of vintage. Trench is such a classic style though so it’s hard to tell the time period. My uneducated guess would be no older than the 80s

8. GemGem

GemGem Registered Guest

Isn't that a no tumble dry symbol on the fabric label?

9. Avantbo

Avantbo Registered Guest

10. Avantbo

Avantbo Registered Guest

Hello Mary,

Recently my posts have been more intuitive then hard fact, time to put record straight and my head down to a bit of research/delving, here goes.

Found the rain coat images on the Depo.com site from a year ago.

The other black label image I found on an Italian Commerce web site.

Brooklin S.r.l,/Brand appears to be based in Tuscany and was established in 1938.

There is another Brooklin S.r.l established in the 1980s, both appear to share similar addresses, the 1980 one owns the SOD brand.

Both labels look similar, lettering certainly does, changes could be down to restyling.

Check the above out for your self.

Attached Files: