1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Italian Pavilion Mystery

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by cnk23, May 15, 2022.

1. cnk23

cnk23 Registered Guest

I found this 2 piece set from the thrift store with a tag that says "Italian Pavilion New York". It's 100% wool, unlined, and it has a metal zipper on the side. The buttons are metal, and it has some small shoulder pads. I can't find anything online about "Italian Pavilion" in New York except for the Italian Pavilion building, constructed for the 1939 World's Fair in New York. I found out that they sold various Italian goods there, including clothing products. I am not sure, however, how long that building was standing, and whether or not other "Italian Pavilions" were present at other World Fairs held in New York (1893, 1901, 1904, 1933, 1939, 1962, 1974, 1982, and 1984). If this set was from a World Fair expo, I feel certain it was either 1939 or 1962, but that is quite a leap of time. The style of it has me thinking 1962, but part of me wonders if it's earlier. Does anyone have additional insight for me?

2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg

Attached Files:

• 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      83.7 KB
      Views:
    nsweezie likes this.