1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Izod Gators - green or blue?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by route66gal, Aug 3, 2004.

1. route66gal

route66gal Registered Guest

Just a quick question - does anyone know anything about Izod / Lacoste gators? I thought I read somewhere which was more desirable, but I can't recall. I think white are supposed to be most rare, but I can't remember what was said about green vs blue gators.

I checked the label resource, but it didn't address this question - and I'm asking about a particular cardigan I have which has had the label removed.

Thanks!

-Melanie

2. fuzzylizzie

fuzzylizzie Alumni

That question was debated to NO end when the VC&A board a eBay was new, and as far as I know, nothing was EVER determined.

You might try contacting tomigun, who contributed lots of the Lacoste labels, and who still sells lots of it, I believe.

Lizzie

3. route66gal

route66gal Registered Guest

LOL, how funny, Lizzie! You'd think there would be either a definitive answer - or just that they're equally desirable (or undesirable, as the case may currently be). I guess I'll just throw it on up for auction and see how it does. I've often wondered while shopping which was better - now I know there's no answer!

Thanks, Lizzie :D

-Melanie

4. I am going to guess green are the best but what do I know.:D

5. schoolsgirl

schoolsgirl Registered Guest

I just dug up this link through google

http://www.blairmag.com/blair2/lacoste/lacoste.html

"Green alligator kicks blue alligator's ass, cause blue is often a sign of dreaded 50/50 lacoste, and it is an unnatural creature. got it?"

I was wondering myself as I found a blue gator vintage izod months ago and have not listed it

6. b*a*vintagequeen

b*a*vintagequeen Registered Guest

Definately <font color=green> <h2><b> GREEN