1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JACOLL Hat label help!

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by awaywiffairies, Sep 17, 2009.

1. awaywiffairies

awaywiffairies Registered Guest

Hiya,

I posted this on another thread but with other topics & I didn't have any pics, but now I have, so thought best to post separately.

Picked up a hat from charity shop, Jacoll label so I knew that was vintage so grabbed that. What I find odd is that the label is really hidden right under the seams & lining & I had a hard job even catching a peek at the edge of it.

Now I have got a Jacoll 60s hat with Jacoll regd Made in England, but the turban label has a Big decorative J and then Jacoll regd Made In England. Anyone know the difference in the two labels and why this one is hidden? I can only manage to take pic of the 1st part.

The hat actually is a bit peaked but can't see as I'm looking down (camera shy, late & no makeup..not good!). Looks polyester but I know the Jacoll label in my 60s hat is the one they used in 60s and 70s so is this older...newer? I kind of think earlier...

Any hat experts out there?

Sarah

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. awaywiffairies

Anyone? :kiss2: Is my mug on the pics puting every1 off lol! :bouncy: :wacko:

3. dorotheascloset

dorotheascloset Registered Guest

I dont know the label but I would say its later 60s.....reminds me of JoAnne Worley in Laugh In. It probably is a polyester, I've had a few poly turbans and nylon ones.

Don't be shy! You look pretty.

Ang

4. nostalgic*collections

nostalgic*collections Registered Guest

Sarah - I don't think a turban is the look for you! LOL. No, its not your mug, dear. I'm just all around clueless these days!

Vicki

5. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

I had a turban like that - I agree with later 60s.

6. awaywiffairies

...Thanks ladies, if it hadn't been for the different Jacoll label to the one I have on my other 60s hat I would have been very sure on 60s! Oh why oh why oh why isn't the label the darn same, it wouldn't have confused my poor befuddled brain!

Vicki, I totally agree, I adore hats, but they don't adore me! However very warm! I've taken to wearing my fur stole in the evenings to take chill off my neck and now I may be wearing the hat...what a sight! :wacko:

I'm not querying the date anymore, but does anyone got any idea why the labels are different on both 60s hats and why the turban one is so hidden :puzzled:? The turban has that big J first and then the Jacoll as the one below but turban does say Made In England this one below does not. (The 60s & 70s ads I saw were the same as one below, didn't have any other decades).

My other 60s hat (VFG member dated):

[​IMG][​IMG]

turban one
    [​IMG]

7. Hi Sarah!

Very unique hat! I am seeing very late 60's into the 1970's on this one. This would also explain the change in label which also looks the style of 70's. I have found a handful of 70's Jacoll hats for sale on the internet but no one is displaying photos of their tags. Maybe if you google in 1970's Jacoll hat and contact some of the sellers, they may have photos of the tag available for you and it they are the same as yours on the turban hat, then you will know why the label looks as it does.

By the way, are there sparkles in the black fabric of the hat or is that just the flash?

8. awaywiffairies

Thanks Amber! Ok, good suggestion, I'll go do some detective work and I'll get to the bottom of this! I like the brown one, nice to think it's unique, it's kind of flat'ish on one side unless someones squashed it. Ha! Sadly no sparkles, just the flash catching the poly! :camera:

Ang - me pretty? nah don't think so, it all changes when I look up, so I don't! :lol:

Sarah