1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jane shilton and Salisbury’s handbag company information

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by C-LDNR, Nov 25, 2022.

1. C-LDNR

C-LDNR Registered Guest

Hello all,

I feel like Jane shilton and Salisbury’s bags are everywhere, and are usually gorgeous quality. The sheer number of them suggests to me that at one point, they were a well known and popular brand.

Salisburys seems to be pretty straightforward, in that it looks like the company was wound up several years ago.

Jane Shilton seems a bit more complex. The company is still active on companies house, with family members still acting as directors and still submitting accounts. It has a social media presence but hasn’t been updated since 2019. The website seems to be defunct.

does anyone know anything about these brands? Is Jane shilton still in production?

some of my favourite vintage bags have come from these brands so I’d love to find out more!

2. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth VFG Member Staff Member

Good questions. I've also seen bags from both regularly. I've also had a silk scarf from Jane Shilton. Agree they were nice quality and a prolific brand. I remember seeing them new in the 1980s.

I'm not aware of them still being in production.