1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Janine Clothing Brand

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by aspaige, Mar 9, 2021.

1. aspaige

aspaige Registered Guest

Hi all,

I found an evening dress from Janine (London Paris New York) and was wondering if anyone had any info on the brand. I've uploaded a label, too. Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

3. aspaige

aspaige Registered Guest

Sure. And now that I have it on a mannequin, I bet it was a pant suit and I only have the top. Also, no additional labels.

Attached Files:

4. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

Thank you. It's a top - yes, that could have gone with pants or a long skirt I think. Is the fabric stretchy, some kind of polyester possibly? How does it close?

5. aspaige

aspaige Registered Guest

I actually found the pants two months later at the same thrift store! But I still can't find anything on the label. I've seen some pieces listed on LiveAuctioneer for $350 and then another on Etsy for $100.

6. Aspaige, have a look down the side seams for any more labels. Maybe there's an RN number you can look up. Even country of origin, fabric etc can help with dating.

7. aspaige

aspaige Registered Guest

Good idea! Thanks for the tip:)

8. carla rey

carla rey VFG Member

I have had quite a few dresses from this brand, there is no RN number or information about the company on the label (no trademarks etc).

What I do know is that is was sold at the Lillie Rubin stores before it became Cache’. Some of the prints have been worn by celebrities and used as costume pieces. The mosaic pieces are highly sought after.

Midge and denisebrain like this.
  9. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President