1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jean Claude Paris Label

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Attirelyvintage, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Attirelyvintage

Attirelyvintage Registered Guest

I found, recently, a very interesting blouse with this label JC Jean Claude Paris.
    Can anyone help with information it, please!

I'm guessing its from the 1950s. The print is also amazing but I think the file may be too big to share as Im getting an error. The side seams are hand finished.

Also would the subject matter give any problems with Etsy for listing it, as it is depicts native American life?

Thank you very much for any helps you can give.

Attached Files:

2. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

With only the label it's really too hard to date - can you please show some photos of the whole blouse - can you resize your images to show here?

3. Attirelyvintage

Thanks Midge, for your reply. I have resized some of the images so hopefully this will give a better idea. I appreciate the help.
    There are box pleats on the front under the button placket. There are box pleats in the back with a triangle stitching to anchor them in the middle of the back waist. The sleeves are drop shoulder. Mandarin collar. It's long like a tunic.

Attached Files:

4. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

5. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

6. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

I agree with the 1980s dating. Hard to see the seaming in the photos, but the shape is much like the tuxedo shirts that were popular for women at that time.

7. Attirelyvintage

Thank you all for your input. I have changed the listing.
    This designer is proving difficult to get info on. I have found several items with the same labels ranging from 1970s-80s, based on the style of the items as each listing didn't supply more info.
    Have a great weekend!