1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jewelry hallmark - GM in circle?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by fashionpoor, Jul 1, 2010.

1. fashionpoor

fashionpoor Registered Guest

Hello everyone!
    Do any of you know who manufactured these earrings? Looks like a GM in a circle, and the earrings are clip-on, with clusters of teardrop and round crystals. I checked the internet and my jewelry book but no luck :(

Would appreciate any help on this -
    Thanks!
    Lisa

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Linn

Linn Super Moderator Staff Member VFG Past President

Sorry -

No idea. I will look in "Dolan" but didn't find anything on RCJ. What's the clip look like - maybe they are European.

Linn

3. fashionpoor

fashionpoor Registered Guest

Thanks Linn! Here's a shot of the earring clip

[​IMG]

4. Linn

Lisa,

Very pretty earrings. I looked through Dolan, American Costume Jewelers (aka Rainwater) - both books have lots of marks and two websites under "M" and "G" and no luck. The clip doesn't help - it is used or was used by lots of manufacturers.

Sorry!

Linn

5. jauntyrooster

jauntyrooster Alumni

Linn is the expert here and can probably respond to my thought here...wasn't there a costume jewelry manufactuer with the very generic name "General Manufacturing?" Have no clue what their mark looked like or really any other info but thought I would throw it out there for possible research.

6. Linn

The mark for General Manufacturing is here:

http://www.illusionjewels.com/costumejewelrymarksg.html

It's not the mark. Because of the placement of the mark, it's possible that it is for the clip and not the earrings - but that is a guess. Sorry, I have no idea who made the earrings, but they are very pretty!

Linn

7. Hi Lisa,
    I cannot see the picture or your earrings, but it is possible that I found the same mark on a pair of vintage clip earrings.
    Do you have any news about it?