1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jewelry help needed, please!

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Contentmentfarm, Mar 10, 2005.

1. I am looking for more information about the maker of this brooch. It is marked on the back Sterling and JAC, which is the benchmark of Jorge Cohen who died in 1993. There is very little information about him on the internet and only a couple general paragraphs in my books. would love to find photos of more of his work and more information that would help me pin down a possible date. Thanks for anything you can add!

[​IMG]

2. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

maybe someone has a different book that they can share.

I usually use some sites that interpret markings, but don't know anything about this designer/maker. I am sure someone will skate by in the next few days who might know

Chris

3. bartondoll

bartondoll Guest

I don't have any info on him, sorry. I did a vivisimo seach but came up
    empty.

Have to say that this is lovely....to me it has an industrial romantic
    art deco feel to it (is there such a thing?)

Sue

4. pastperfect2

pastperfect2 Alumni +

I checked the few books I have and came up empty. But that is a quality piece. Very handsome.

Hollis

5. gaildavid

gaildavid VFG Member

Fantastic closeup photo! And a nice brooch, too! (no info....just admiration) :USETHUMBUP:

Gail

6. ...sorry all that I can add is that I want your camera. :horny:

7. Thank you all for your input! This is going to be a tough one but I guess I was in need of a challenge!:rolleyes:

Steph, a friend actually took the photo and I have no idea what kid of camera she used.

8. more info pls...

I have an extensive jewelry ref. and will look him up at the shop today. But being a more modern designer, he may not be included in too many books yet.

can you show a small pic of the mark?

Are the "flowers" a white pearly material? mother of pearl or other type shell? plastic composition? glass??

Just from style and your most excellent photo, appears to be a vintage 1950s brooch...but need to see the back too.

I'll check back in tomorrow--