1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jonathan, I think I saw your coat on Sex in the City last night.

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by Vintage Sedona, Feb 3, 2005.

1. Didn't you say that the lame coat Carrie wears in the episode where Miranda has her baby was yours? I remember lustiing after it the first time I saw it. So gorgeous.

Kelly

2. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

BTw, Kelly means lame' (la-may), for those of you out there not knowing the coat.

:)

3. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

Yup, that is my coat!
    It was from the 20s and had a large white rabbit fur collar which was removed, and the lining of white silk was replaced as well. The lining was fragile, although good when I sold it, but I knew it wouldn't put up with a lot of wear. The first time I saw that episode I remember thinking that the coat looked awfully familiar but because the collar had been removed I didn't recognize it at first. When I saw the rerun I realized. That coat sold for a hell of a lot of money too! I don't remember if I sold it to Patricia Field or not (costumer of the show), but I remember it went to New York, and I seem to recall it sold for about $650.00 (Those were the days!)