1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kaser Bondor black sheer negligee / nightdress 1940s or 1950's?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Pinkcoke, Oct 27, 2017.

1. Pinkcoke

Pinkcoke Alumni

I am getting ready to list this thinking it was 1950s at the latest and since looking up the adverts and the label resource I'm beginning to wonder if it's not earlier. Certainly a lot of the ads around 1950 have the frilled hem and sweetheart neckline but I haven't been able to find any with the shirred waist (most are tie back) or drawstring shoulders/off the shoulder style. I've only had the shirred waist on 1940's dressing gowns before. The sleeves are quite puffy (they should be more gathered at the bottom too)
    P.S. the bottom line of the label says 'not quite perfect' - the shirring at the neckline has a gap, but I can't make out what the middle line is.

upload_2017-10-28_0-43-59.png upload_2017-10-28_0-44-26.png
    upload_2017-10-28_0-45-3.png upload_2017-10-28_0-45-25.png
    upload_2017-10-28_0-45-56.png upload_2017-10-28_0-46-30.png upload_2017-10-28_0-46-55.png upload_2017-10-28_0-47-27.png

themerchantsofvintage likes this.
  2. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

Boy, that IS dreamy... late 40s maybe?

3. Pinkcoke

Pinkcoke Alumni

thanks, well somebody liked it, it sold in 15 mintutes of listing!

4. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

carnival emoti

5. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

Love those little ties at the shoulder line...sweet styling! Congrats on the super quick sale! :USETHUMBUP:

For some reason it makes me think of Jane Russell.

6. Elsewhere

Elsewhere VFG Member

wow!!
    Do you mind if I ask what it sold for so quickly?

7. Pinkcoke

Pinkcoke Alumni

It was in response to an ISO post on OLL and it matched her brief and measurements. I had a quick look on ebay beforehand and there was nothing half as nice and modern sets selling for more. I sold it or £85 The drawstring off-the-shoulder ties were my favourite bit too! hard to display on a mannequin though. I ended up pinning the ties.

I might have to take a pattern of this before posting it!

I should still like to hear anyone's opinion on narrowing the date down as we do not have this label in our Label Resource.

Elsewhere likes this.
  8. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

9. Linn

Linn Super Moderator Staff Member VFG Past President

Since I had no idea, I looked up the conversion for £85 it's $111.59 USD.

Very nice piece, Melanie. I think it's early 1950s but I am not an expert.

Pinkcoke likes this.