1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kayser Label - need help with identity

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by LilyLilac, Dec 7, 2018.

1. LilyLilac

LilyLilac Registered Guest

Good evening, can anyone help with this garment? I have read about Kayser in the Label section but I need help identifying a decade plus is it a slip or a nightdress? I can't see anything else like this on the Internet.
    Many thanks in adavnce. 20181207_194540.jpg 20181207_194602.jpg 20181207_194505 - 2.jpg

2. 196t's

196t's Registered Guest

I'd say it's 70s, if not something more recent. Seems more like a nightdress; what is it made of?

3. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

4. LilyLilac

Thank you for your replies. Here are further images. It feels like it could be nylon and has a Warning label as well. I've been trying to find out when the UK went from measuring in inches to the current method now used.

Attached Files:

5. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks! Those care labels look a little older. If the size 36 refers to a 36 inch bust, and the corresponding German size is a 42, then I would say that also points to the 70s - after that it would be too small for a 42... Also the print, the color way - I will stick to 70s but maybe someone who is more familiar with UK care labels knows more...

LilyLilac likes this.
  6. LilyLilac

Many thanks for your help, much appreciated xx

7. Agree with '70s nightdress. Slips are plain as they aim to be invisible. They also tend to be longer than shortie length.

LilyLilac likes this.