1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

keyword help on rather pretty party dress?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Hattysattic, Nov 17, 2005.

1. Hattysattic

Hattysattic VFG Secretary

ugh. am having a bit of a moment, and appear to have run out of all creative steam! trying to get lots of party stuff listed and this one is really lovely. but 'really lovely' isn't really cutting it as a title... help!

[​IMG]

illusion bust (- ish?) soutache and cutwork (?) and what would you call the neckline - scalloped sweetheart with tulle trim? or maybe it's a bit too squared off to be that...?

[​IMG]

('scuse the crinolinie, need to re-do that one!) colourwise i initially went for mocha, but i think that's not quite the right word - it's like a really creamy hot chocolate! all help much appreciated.. :wub:

2. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

That's gorgeous!

are the cutouts lined behind or are they really see through?

I think people do search "cut out" but i have to think some more...

3. Patentleathershoes

I would use bombshell too

4. Hattysattic

bombshell - yes, thank you!! and the bodice is lined in a pale pink, with net also behind the cut-outs.good point - i had better make that clear !

5. Patentleathershoes

What about showing a picture with a dark colored scraf sticking out of the neckline to "show" people that. (because sometimes things don't compute if just in words)

(don't redress the manni, etc, just lie it flat if its already off the manni and show a close up.

6. Hattysattic

good idea - i got a bit carried away photographing this one so will include a close up!

7. MyVintageCocktail

MyVintageCocktail VFG Member

OMG--I love this dress--it's exactly the style I used to wear when I had the figure for it! Sexy bombshell-bosom cutwork (or cutout) creamy dreamy dress..... And yes, I'd call this a sweetheart or modified sweetheart neckline.

8. Hattysattic

thank you anne!:hiya: have gone from not being able to write a title to having too much stuff to fit in now, LOL!