1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Klimt takes a trip, by 'Lulu' - late 60s or full-on 70s?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Noir*Boudoir, Jul 6, 2004.

1. Noir*Boudoir

Noir*Boudoir Guest

Klimt takes a trip, by \'Lulu\' - late 60s or full-on 70s?

Hi there,

I'm venturing over here to air my favourite new serendipitous find (sorry, won't be for sale) for people's dating opinions.

I posted this over on VCA, but while folks loved the dress, no one weighed in on date!

Basically, the construction (metal zip), shape (empire) and label say 60s to me, but the print and the fabric off-balance me somewhat.

It was covered in booze stains, but it's come up all gleaming from a quick clean...

[​IMG]

And I noticed while cleaning it, that the fabric was cut carefully enough to place the nude ladies' <em>behinds</em> on the <em>back</em>!

[​IMG]
    Gonna have to be careful where I wear this...
    So, my guess is very late 60s, but is that right?? Any suggestions?
    Thanks!
    L

2. bartondoll

bartondoll Guest

What does the label look like?

The shape suggests late 60s to me.......and I too think it is
    fabulous! I love when consideration is taken for details such as the women's tooshes being on the butt of the dress!

Sue

3. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

Nice dress, sort of Peter Max meets the Breck girl! It looks like a cusper to me, c. 1969-1971ish?

4. Wow! Reminds me of a blouse I just sold on eBay....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

~Maureen

5. Noir*Boudoir

Noir*Boudoir Guest

Ooh, yes, nice blouse! That's a little more full on art nouveau, right?

Jonathan, I love 'cusper' for those turn-of-the-decade options - I seem to find more of those than the straight-down-the-line period stereotypes...

Sue, here's the label - only got a fuzzy picture & forgot about it in the first post:
    [​IMG]
    It says 'Lulu' in blocky letters.
    Thanks all!

6. Really beautiful print! I'm glad others responded, as the print just looked so much like others on some stationery I had circa 1973--which wouldn't mean they hadn't been around since '69.

Steph

7. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

Peter max Meets the Breck Girl LOL

Both are great...Maureen's looks similar to a William Morris fabric i almost won on ebay once. And that dress - whatever you wear it too you will not be soon forgotten!

8. Noir*Boudoir

Noir*Boudoir Guest

Hmmm, on reflection, I get Peter Max, but Breck Girl... who she?

Yes, the wearing venue is a problem - it's not disco-evolved enough for a retro 70s disco party I've got coming up (& besides, I've got a glitter thang for that), it's not 'fetish' enough for alternative clubbing venues... but it's just a tad daring for genteel work-related events...

[sigh] Quite a feat for a dress to give me venue-perplexity!

9. Noir*Boudoir

Noir*Boudoir Guest

Hmmm, on reflection, I get Peter Max, but Breck Girl... who she?

Yes, the wearing venue is a problem - it's not disco-evolved enough for a retro 70s disco party I've got coming up (& besides, I've got a glitter thang for that), it's not 'fetish' enough for alternative clubbing venues... but it's just a tad daring for genteel work-related events...

[sigh] Quite a feat for a dress to give me venue-perplexity!

10. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

11. Noir*Boudoir

Noir*Boudoir Guest

<!*lightbulb*!>
    Oo-oh.... wow, high, high kitsch! I had no idea...
    Thanks!