1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Label, A & F Originals

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by twooden47, Jan 27, 2011.

1. twooden47

twooden47 Registered Guest

Is the "A & F Originals, New York - made in USA" label the same as Abercrombie & Fitch? Picked up a 70s looking leather maxi coat with shearling collar and cuffs, sure it is vintage, can't find the label listed.

Second tag says, "Leather clean only - by suede and leather experts - send or bring to: leathercraft process of America, 5?4 W. 56th st. , New York, NY 10019 "

Thanks for any help!

2. Hi twooden47, can you please post a photo of the label and the coat? Photos always make it much easier to identify fashion details.

If you check the Label Resource you will see that Abercrombie and Finch use "A & F" on some of their labels with the words "Abercrombie and Fitch". Perhaps if you compare your label with these ones and see if they look similar? I'm inclined to think that your garment is not Abercrombie and Fitch though.

Nicole

3. twooden47

twooden47 Registered Guest

Thank you so much for your kind reply. Posting a photo of the label. I did check the VFG resource first, and saw the A & F but noticed it still had the full wording below. So I suspected it was not the same...but knew someone on here would probably know. Very impressed with the information and professional attitude of the community here. Thanks again!

4. Kaetalumin

Kaetalumin Registered Guest

Hello,
    I ran into a similar situation where I just purchased an A&F Originals was hoping someone could help me determine vintage, etc. Can't seem to find any information on the web.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Great content on this forum!!

Thank you,

Attached Files:

5. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member