1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. hippysunshine

hippysunshine Registered Guest

Hi everyone, I regularly use the label resource section here and find it very helpful, but I have recently come across a few that I am unsure of that I am hoping you can help me with.

I know the River Island and Topshop labels but wondering if anyone knows what era they are from?
    I have found the Topshop one online twice but one says 1980s and one says 1990s.
    If anyone could shed any further light, that would be much appreciated. Also I have no idea when and where the "Clouds" and "Oasis" labels are from.

River Island:
    20120806_223355.jpg 20120806_195223.jpg

Clouds:
    20120806_223328.jpg 20120806_193614.jpg

Topshop:
    20120806_223238_1.jpg 20120806_194007.jpg

Oasis:
    20120806_223414.jpg 20120806_200930.jpg

Thanks everyone :)

Leanne x

2. All your items are fairly modern, I'll give rough dates as I see them but UK members who are more familiar with the labels might be more helpful.

1 - River Island looks '80s.
    2, 3, 4 - all look early to mid '90s.

3. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

4. hippysunshine

Thank you for your feedback :)
    It's as I thought but with not seeing them before or finding anything online, a bit of reassurance was needed.

Leanne x

5. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth VFG Member Staff Member

Agree with above. That topshop label is not current, but it's not as early as 80s either. The 1980s topshop label, that I remember from my teens, looks like this:

[​IMG]

or this

[​IMG]

6. hippysunshine

Yeah I reckon it is more of a 1990s label that Topshop one.

Thanks everyone x

7. Tabbyannabel

Tabbyannabel Registered Guest

Oasis is a shop with similar styling to Topshop. That label looks modern.

8. hippysunshine

Yeah i thought the oasis label looked fairly recent but the woman who gave it to me said it was OLD and the dress itself looks a bit 90s maybe.

9. Tabbyannabel

Tabbyannabel Registered Guest

The Oasis dress could be 90s. It could be that they just haven't changed their label much! :)

10. '90s labels do look modern - it's only if the fashion house have changed the design since then that you can tell if it's an older one. Thankfully we have the style and detailing in the dress to help with dating and that long gingham dress is typical of styles around '94-96 so I'm confident to date it then.

11. hippysunshine

Totally agreed Nicole. Thank you :) x

12. Marie Hough

Marie Hough Registered Guest

Hi I have the same Topshop label but mine says made in
    Hi I have the same Topshop label but on mine it says made in the UK. Does this make a difference to the age. Also has a neck label that says fashion tailoring, tia

13. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth VFG Member Staff Member

Possibly, but the best way to get help with dating is to start a new thread, and show us the whole garment, as well as the label.