1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Label identification and possible brand name of a Leather Jacket

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by arunava, Feb 6, 2019.

1. arunava

arunava Registered Guest

Hello friends, I have a Leather jacket which is been with me for the last 22 years. The jacket is A2 Aviators Flight jacket type. The jacket is very well made, strong but supple and a bit on the heavier side. It was originally brought from Japan.
    There is one leather patch on the jacket which I included a photo. Size is L. The zipper is YBS.
    There are two hang tags there. One written in English 'Made in Korea'. But the other one I couldn't read. It may be in Korean or Japanese language.
    The things that interests me that, whats written in that tag? Is it in Korean or Japanese language? Is there any Brand name there? Or any other info for identification?
    And does Japan imports Leather jackets from Korea still now? Any history of Korean leather jackets in Japanese market?
    I will be very glad if you experts may help me with any info regarding it. Any info will be appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.

Arunava
    Bangladesh

Attached Files:

2. GemGem

GemGem Registered Guest

I could be wrong but my guess is that it is Japanese writing. The Japanese clothing company likely had a factory/manufacturer in Korea. Much like we have current British brands/designers but the items are still made in China.

arunava likes this.
  3. arunava

arunava Registered Guest

Thanks for your reply. Yes ,my guess also is Japanese writing. Wish someone could read it and find the Manufacturer/ Brand name there.