1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. cheekystyle

cheekystyle Registered Guest

First of all, thank you for all your wonderful advice! :sunshine: I've been reading, watching, and learning for a while now and am overwhelmed by the amount of knowledge you all have!

I have several dresses by this maker: Lady Carol of New York. In my research, I've been able to find other dresses for sale by this maker, and even advertisements for this maker, but no history or information. Can anyone tell me anything about it?

I have a couple of 70s dresses and a couple of 80s by Lady Carol.

Below is a label from one of the dresses and the dress it came from.

Thank you in advance for your help

Delores

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. MyVintageCocktail

MyVintageCocktail VFG Member

If you google Lady Carol Dresses Inc., you'll get a lot of info. Company's been around since the 50s. The parent company makes numerous brands, including Lorac Originals (I'm not sure that label's in existence any longer; certainly its vintage pieces are much harder to find than vintage Lady Carol).

This is a mid-priced department store line, great "career day wear," at least I used to wear its Lady Carol Petites line for work a lot. You find a lot of not-too-formal evening-type dresses as well, such as the one above. If you can find a "special" early one, it might be worth some $$, but they're so ubiquitous starting in probably the latter part of the 70s forward, I doubt they're very collectible, as the styling is conservative and mainstream. They're very nice to wear (I still have some 80's ones in my closet!), but unless you find with a compelling feature or two, or can get them cheap, cheap, cheap, probably not much in resale on them.

3. cheekystyle

cheekystyle Registered Guest

Thank you so much! All my google searches with Lady Carol of New York were only bringing up other dresses.