1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LANVIN boots, real? Hm...

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Dahlila, Oct 15, 2017.

1. Dahlila

Dahlila Registered Guest

I found these darling Lanvin leather booties. On the sole it says "made in Mexico" in Spanish. Also, the size says 24 1/2. I'm at a loss. They are very well made, beautifully soft leather inside & out. But hm...

What do you think? lanvin boots.jpg lanvin boots2.jpg lanvin boots3.jpg

2. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

VFG doesn't authenticate but helps people date give info that helps people date, price, etc. Just so you know.

That said, a quick google search of Vivian Lanvin shows that it is a shoe store in Mexico, maybe a chain. Hope this helps.

3. Dahlila

Dahlila Registered Guest

I wasn't really looking for an "authentication". I'm familiar with The Vintage Fashion Guild as I've been dealing in vintage for many years & have always found the forums kind & helpful, not judging, thank you. Also, people like figuring out a mystery, as these are an interesting pair. And I would never want to represent a sale item as something it isn't.

These state they are Lanvin, Paris shoes. The label is certainly of the Lanvin, Paris variety, circa late 70s, 80s. As this look was very popular in the early 80s. I simply wondered if anyone else was familiar with Lanvin--the couture line. And what they thought.

Also, the size 24 1/2. I saw a Canadian sizing similar, but still, an oddity. I would put them at a US 7 approx.

4. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

I'm confused... where do you see that they are actual Lanvin Paris?

The label says Calz. Vivian Lanvin. That label pic is from the boots, no? That's what I used to do an easy google search.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2017
  5. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

6. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

I'll bump this so maybe Jonathan will see it. He's #1 shoe expert! Good luck finding the info you need. Nice chatting. : )

7. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

I agree - it's a shoe shop in Mexico. It and the shoes have nothing to do with the fashion house Lanvin in Paris. I don't see any reference to Lanvin, Paris.

8. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

If you put this into a google search it will show you the store - it actually still exists.
    vivian lanvin mexico

9. peaceful vintage

peaceful vintage Administrator VFG Past President

Hi there,

Those are cute!

Please forgive me because I am uncertain of your question. Your title has a question mark in front of real so I'm not sure.
    Is it the shoe size that you are unsure of? The shoe size is Mexican. This image is small. It came from Gempler's and states that the Mexican size 24 would equate to a US size 7, and a 25 would equate to a US 8 so yours would equate to a US 7.5.

Being a dealer, I'm sure you know that size charts can vary though so if you're selling just be sure to tell your viewers to use the measurements to determine fit.

If I missed the question or if we all missed the question, please clarify and we'll be happy to help further if we can.

I just took a screenshot of what was posted on Google but credit to Gempler's. Here's the link to their site too.

https://www.gemplers.com/tech/fconversion.htm

Screen Shot 2017-10-16 at 9.36.37 PM.png

10. Dahlila

Dahlila Registered Guest

So sorry. I thought I had uploaded the label too. This is inside the shoe. Yes, I've recently seen the Mexican shoe shop as well. Not sure if they are related. 20171016_193305.jpg

11. peaceful vintage

peaceful vintage Administrator VFG Past President

Interesting. I don't know if the maker intended to make the label look similar to Jeanne Lanvin's label or if it's just a coincidence. At least the maker made it clear that it was Vivian Lanvin by the difference in the the logo design on the label, the V on the label, and the name on the tag.

12. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

Then I am not sure if this is Lanvin Paris... the size, the Made in Mexico on the bottom...and the V Lanvin label, of course.

But this is a 1980s boot, I think. That little boot was very popular mid 80s. Super cute.

13. Dahlila

Dahlila Registered Guest

Caryn, I didn't even notice the little "V". Thanks. Well, will list it as it is, & give all the info I have. They are still very cute. Thanks.