1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Last Minute Costume Frenzy!

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by Patentleathershoes, Oct 25, 2004.

1. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

THe home game!

Are you a procrastinator? Do you have someone in your family who is a procrastinator? Or were you suddenly invited to a halloween party and don't know what to do?? Do you have a customer who bought a stole from you last week but lives in Singapore and can't get their witches hat shipped to them in time...

Well, the VFG public board is here to help.

Just tell us what you have, and public board visitors will try to come up with an idea for your costume. (serious or tongue in cheek!)

SAMPLE COSTUMES

I am going to a Japanese/anime/cosplay themed party and I have nothing to wear. I have a drawer full of socks, i collect vintage hawaiian shirts, what do i do?

A: Wear one of your favorites shirts, pair your highest pair of black socks with sandals and shorts. Put a camera around your neck and VOILA you are an American Tourist visiting Japan.

Sample Costume 2

I collect vintage lingerie. I don't feel like really doing anything but hanging around in my sweatsuit but my friends are making me go to this dumb party.

ANSWER: Take some pins or clips, and clip vintage stockings on your sweat suit. VOILA you are "Static Cling" for Halloween.

Anyone can play!!

2. Get a big clear plastic trash bag . Make holes for your legs and tie at your neck. Fill with different color balloons. You are a gum ball machine!!
    Wear tights and a leotard underneath. (Not for children who should not be around plastic bags)

Buy an orange sweat outfit at the store or thrift. Stuff with pillows and you are a big fat pumpkin! You can make a hat out of orange felt and a stem out of green felt.

Wearing your leotard outfit again. .. tie a big white towel around you like a diaper with a big safety pin in front. Get a pacifier and carry a little teddy bear. You are a New Year's baby!!

3. Along the lingerie idea...do you remember Meg Ryan wearing the "Freudian Slip" costume in that movie (Time something??). I thought that was very clever!!

In the pics I posted on the other thread, I remembered that my room-mate and I went as "Night & Day". That was an easy one...black for one, white for the other...moons & stars, sun...etc.

4. Patentleathershoes

Bumping up for Miss1934

5. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

My favourite... and its SO easy...

Get a box of Kellogg's Corn Flakes and stick a knife through it....

Voila!

CEREAL KILLER

6. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

Of course an orange jumpsuit, blond wig and a mixing bowl for instant Martha Stewart...

7. schoolsgirl

schoolsgirl Registered Guest

My friends and I went as "bow legged women" one year, ok ok, its a song :)

we took fishnet stockings and used bags of those little red bows that you twisty on to your stockings :) voila

instant costumes :)

another year we went as stop & go, yes, another song

she went as STOP

we painted stop signs out of cardboard hers had the red light in glitter, she wore red glitter sunglasses....

mine was GO so everything was in reverse

8. Patentleathershoes

You guys crack me up.

My brother and his friends who were a little too old to really be tick or treating used to go around the neighborhood with pillow cases for candy without costumes and said "I am Me for Halloween." they thought they were so clever but in reality they were just lazy