1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

last one for today, what to do with this 20s (?) 30s (?) dress

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by maltby, Mar 11, 2018.

1. maltby

maltby Registered Guest

this dress is so gorgeous and ornate but in real bad shape. It's not wearable but I feel SOMETHING should happen with it. I guess I could sell it as a study piece, maybe an expert in the era would want/enjoy it. Can anyone verify the decade and any other thoughts welcome

it has a silk underlayer and then two layers of mesh/net with crapload of sequins including that little ball that dangles to one side. I wonder what it looked like when it was intact IMG_7430.jpg IMG_7431.jpg IMG_7432.jpg IMG_7433.jpg IMG_7435.jpg

2. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

3. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

Lovely textiles remains in that dress. I love it. I agree it looks Edwardian, but could be WWI 'Teens era to about 1919. HArd to tell without seeing the true shape of the bodice and the length. But that particular sequin technique and the bodice effect looks late Edwardian to early 'Teens to me.