1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Latest BDV blog post - Rococo Reality Check

Discussion in 'PUBLIC VFG News - Announcements and events' started by Better Dresses Vintage, Jan 5, 2018.

1. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

2. cmpollack

cmpollack VFG Member

Like Fabiela Jean Louis' gorgeously troubling art, your post is deeply thought-provoking.

The historic site's defense of their "script" is appalling; kudos to you for questioning and then refusing to stick to it!

3. Robin of Frocksley

Robin of Frocksley Registered Guest

Love this, Liza! Your thoughts are right on.

Thank you for posting this.

4. Ditto to what Carrie said.

5. Thanks, ladies. I appreciate your taking the time to read and for your kind comments! Wish folks would comment on the blog, but I think people are generally hesitant to do so for some reason. It's a mystery, but it's true. I got a ton of comments on my FB Page, as well. But no one posts on the blog itself. Is there a glitch, I wonder? Is it too cumbersome to comment? I don't require any "signing up" for anything. Hm... Feedback welcome!

The name "Robin of Frocksley" makes me smile every time I see it.

Robin of Frocksley likes this.
  6. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

Great post, Liza. Good for you!

P.S. do you still need the wire? Sorry i forgot.....

7. Thank you, Barbara.

As for the wire... I really mucked up the project, so it's on hold until I finish a gift for a sick friend. Right now, the hat is closer in size to a flying saucer than a beret. So yes, I will eventually need the wire... but not as soon as I'd thought I would! I'm so annoyed with myself for not measuring ahead of time. There was a clue right there toward the end of the pattern and I didn't think to apply it in time. I'll need to either start over with a smaller gauge thread (I used 5, which I'd thought was an exact match for the no-longer-made original yarn, but clearly isn't -- or maybe my hook is too big, even though it's the right mm size) or maybe I'll tear out enough to get to the point where the top is the correct size, and then start up again from that point. Ugh. I just don't know. It seemed to be going so well, too. Not every project is smooth sailing.

8. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

Hey, I love the idea of a knitted or crocheted flying saucer hat! :hysterical: But seriously...I do!