1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Laura Ashley

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by wyyrd2, Apr 9, 2004.

1. wyyrd2

wyyrd2 Registered Guest

I hope this is the right place to post a question about a label. I checked the label resource page and it seems to date Laura Ashley dresses by the country of origin. But the label on the dress I have does not have a country of origin.

Any ideas?

2. ellenm

ellenm Registered Guest

Yep, this is the right place. Can you possibly post a picture of the label? The experts on LA will be along to help you with it soon.

3. fuzzylizzie

fuzzylizzie Alumni

Yes, sometimes you can somewhat use the label to date a Laura Ashley.

If it does not have the country of origin on the label, then we have to use other clues. As Ellen pointed out, a picture of the label would be helpful, as would a picture of the dress. We'd love to see it!

Lizzie

4. wyyrd2

wyyrd2 Registered Guest

Here is a pic of the tag. I will get a pic of the dress shortly.

[​IMG]

5. wyyrd2

wyyrd2 Registered Guest

nothing special, the tag just got my curious since it didn't match the ones on the resource.

[​IMG]

6. NovaFashions

NovaFashions VFG Member

Hi WWYRD!

I'm not a LA expert but I've sold a "lot" of them.
    Just bought seven of them the other day, all different!
    Usually that's the label that goes with the Made in Great Britain items. I just sold one very similiar to this. If you could, it seems to help to fan the skirt out in the photos.
    Lynn :)

7. cotmyey

cotmyey VFG Member

Sitting on my lap, all scrunched up is a LA dress with the same label except mine says 'Made in England' right at the bottom.

There is also a 'content/size tag' underneath that one. the sizes given on my dresstag are Uk, Eur, and USA. Does your dress have that?

AND, underneath those two tags is another wee one, says 3020. Now, what is that # all about. I've not found any reference anywhere about those #'s. Are they a style #, lot# or what#?

With out the 'country of origin' on the bottom of the tag, is it likely that those ones are made in the USA?

Gayle

8. could it be early 90s? Dress looks alot like the ones I would see in local LA shop when I frequented it at that time.

Carol

9. wyyrd2

wyyrd2 Registered Guest

Thanks everybody.
    I hate not knowing what I am talking about.
    :)