1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LBD Size L wanted

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Most Wanted - Looking for something?' started by jazzbug, Nov 28, 2021.

1. jazzbug

jazzbug Alumni

Looking for a little black cocktail dress, measuring about 40 bust-33/34 waist-40+ hips.

All styles and fabrics considered, but especially love Roseweb, R&K, Scaasi and Berkshire labels.

Thanks, Ladies!

Laurie

2. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

Hi, Laurie!! so nice to see you!!

are you wanting it for this holiday season?

3. jazzbug

jazzbug Alumni

:hearteyes:Hello Mary!

No, just rebuilding my personal wardrobe since most of it was stolen this spring. :violins:

4. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

OMGosh! what?!?!? hope you're ok?? besides being heart-broken, I'm sure!! :no:

I may have something that you'd be interested in...but we're on the road for a while right now. I'll send you a private message. :)

5. northstarvintage

northstarvintage Administrator Staff Member

Hi Laurie!

I don't think I have anything for you but I'll check in my studio space this week.

It's nice to "see" you but I'm so sorry to hear about your personal wardrobe. What a heart break!

6. jazzbug

jazzbug Alumni

Susan,

Thank you for your sympathy. Whoever it was certainly picked the right storage space to break into -- they made a killing, and I do wonder where it all ended up. . . like they were my children.

Lovely to hear from you!

7. MagsRags

MagsRags VFG President Staff Member

Hi Laurie, I have been prepping this 40s LBD to list. Measurements 42/33/44".
    sequinarrowpinned2.jpg

8. jazzbug

jazzbug Alumni

Maggie,

That's lovely. Not sure if it's for me or not. Would you share the listing link with me when it's ready and I will look it over more closely?
    Thank you so much for answering my call!

9. Vintagiality

Vintagiality VFG Treasurer Staff Member

10. jazzbug

jazzbug Alumni

Vintagiality likes this.
  11. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

Sorry to hear about this, Laurie. I will check for you too.

12. jazzbug

jazzbug Alumni

You're a peach, Mary Jane!
    :)

13. denisebrain

denisebrain VFG Vice President Staff Member VFG Past President

Helllllll0oooo Laurie! :clapcat:

I don't have your LBD right now, but I had to say hello!

Your loss is so painful for all of us. It's hard to imagine.

The Vintage Merchant likes this.
  14. jazzbug

jazzbug Alumni

"smilielove:
    I love getting your hellos! Just came across an old Christmas card of yours when I pulled out holiday stuff to decorate the house!

It was a bizarre thing, for sure. And, I selfishly neglect to mention my husband's losses. He had some mighty nice things on that rack, too -- leather bomber jacket, designer suede jacket, cashmere overcoat, vintage suits with gigantic shoulder pads (ha!) -- but mine truly was the greater loss.

Trying to move one with a few new tasteful pieces -- not too many.

15. poppysvintageclothing

Wish I could have found more for you to look at but the darn sizing is always 36 - 38 bust.

Just click on the photo to have a better look if any interest you.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. jazzbug

jazzbug Alumni

Maggie,

That's lovely. Not sure if it's for me or not. Would you share the listing link with me when it's ready and I will look it over more closely?
    Beautiful, Mary Jane. Thanks, ever-so!

17. jazzbug

jazzbug Alumni

Ladies,

I am so thankful for your time and efforts to reply to my request. I am a little reluctant to buy a beaded piece. Don't get me wrong -- love them so much, but I had a great dry cleaner in L.A. that would handle everything perfectly. Here in Palm Springs, not so much. So, a bit worried about the maintenance, but I am totally considering all your contributions.

Keep 'em coming!

The Vintage Merchant likes this.
  18. poppysvintageclothing

Hope I can run across something else, so much unlisted stock...but where to find it is the problem???

The Vintage Vendeuse and jazzbug like this.